- Home - Blue Palmetto Home Inspection of Summerville and Charleston
- Learn About Us and This Charleston Home Inspector
- What's Inspected
- Charleston Lowcountry Inspection Areas (geographic)
- >>>Blogs (educational)
- Sample Reports & Documents
- Why Get a Home Inspection Report
- Charleston's Top Ten Reasons
- Home Inspector Photo Galleries
- Scheduling and Customer Information
- Home Inspection Authorization Contract
- General Scope of Work (electronic)
- Home Inspection Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Full site
- The Roof Framers Field Manual
What's Inspected During A Home Inspection
We do all our home inspections and inspect all the areas according to the South Carolina Standards of Practice. Please see the South Carolina Standards of Practice on the Sample Documents page for a complete listing. We also inspect according to the internachi standards of practice. This is the most popular type of inspection as it contains all the things buyers and sellers need to properly evaluate most properties.
A home inspection can take two to four hours and the report generally takes more than several hours to complete. For this reason I do not do the report on site (although I could) but take the written notes and photographs to the office for thoughtful consideration and evaluation before I write my report. I generally have the report ready the next business day. I will deliver the report by email as a clickable link so that the report can be viewed in any web browser ......or if you prefer I can print a hard copy for delivery by snail mail.
I prefer that the clients be present at the time of inspection but this is not a requirement. Also arrangements should be made to have the utilities on at the time of the inspection. Clients are encouraged to read the contract and the standards of practice prior to the inspection.
If you want more information or wish to schedule a home inspection anywhere in the Charleston lowcountry .... call me (Ray Thornburg) 843-608-5851 or email me here. I'm always glad to help with any questions you may have.
These are on some of the things my home inspection covers.
- exterior grade as it relates to the house
- roof covering, vents, flashing, trim, siding, soffits, eves, fascia
- gutters and downspouts
- skylight, chimneys and other roof penetrations
- decks, porches, railing
- basements, foundation walls, crawlspace
- heating, cooling and plumbing systems according to the standards of practice
- water heating systems
- kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms,
- electrical service lines and meter box and service disconnects
- outlets, switches, fixtures,ground fault circuits
- attics,insulation, roof framing
- doors, garage door and openers,
- much much more..... read the standards of practice for a more complete listing
Blue Palmetto Home Inspection serves Summerville, Goose Creek, Mt. Pleasant and the entire Charleston Lowcountry area!